Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This weeks topic is Resolutions/Hopes for 2021 (bookish or not!)
Considering that I do not make personal resolutions, I’ll talk about my plan for my blog, reading goals and challenges for 2021 (some of these have already been covered in various other posts on my blog, but please bear with me!)
- Blog more often (hopefully everyday, but that is very ambitious)
My blog and blogging in general is something I want to focus more on in 2021. I have had the privilege to connect with so many fantastic bloggers and I would like to keep the book posts and discussions going.
- Read 100 books this year (part of the Goodreads Reading challenge)
- Read more Historical Fiction
I have discovered a love for this genre and am participating in the Historical Fiction reading challenge hosted by The Adventures of an intrepid Reader).
- Reduce the number of pending books to be read on NetGalley
I am aiming to achieve this by also taking part in the 021 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge hosted by Socrates Book Reviews
- Make a dent in my ever growing TBR pile
I have actually started to make some progress towards this and I am taking part in the Mount TBR Challenge 2021 hosted by My Reader’s Block
- Discover and promote more new and upcoming authors this year!
- Participate in Blog Tours and learn to respect book deadlines
I have started making lists and notes to help with the tracking and to try to be more methodical! 😀
- Connect with other bloggers and participate in book discussions!
- Expand my reading lists across genres
I would like to focus more on genres that I have taken a break from like mysteries and thrillers, crime etc and read more Middle Grade and YA fiction
- Re-read books from my childhood – for the fun of it!
Books by Enid Blyton, the Nancy Drew series, Harry Potter etc
I think I will stop this list here. I am sure that I can find more things to do or improve, but considering that I have started to make some progress, I am happy with this!
What are your resolutions/plans? Feel free to suggest things that I can do!